Netbooks For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
Publisher: For Dummies | ISBN: 0470521236 | edition 2009 | PDF | 388 pages | 13 mb
The only full-service reference on choosing, setting up, and using the hot new Netbook
Netbooks are the fastest-selling segment of the PC market. These small, lightweight mini-laptops are less expensive and run longer on a battery charge than traditional laptops. This is the first book to cover everything from choosing the right Netbook to adding memory and remote access.
You'll learn to compare various models and identify what best meets your needs, connect to the Internet almost anywhere, choose and use free productivity tools, and much more. Netbooks For Dummies covers both Windows and Linux, since Netbooks are available with either operating system.
* Explains what Netbooks are, what they can do, and the advantages of mobile technology
* Covers both Windows (including Windows 7) and Linux operating systems available on Netbooks
* Walks you through setting up a Netbook and shows you how it can work for you both at home and on the go
* Discusses free online productivity applications, data synchronization services, and social networks
* Covers advanced topics like adding memory and remote access