Port80 Software httpZip v3.9.9 for IIS | 2.15 MB
Reducing file size is the best way to speed your Web content. HTTP compression allows content to be served up to 50 times faster while reducing bandwidth costs.Port80 Software's httpZip is a IIS server module for ISAPI-based compression on IIS 4, 5, and 6.0 Web servers.To prevent sending compressed files to a browser that can't decompress them, use one of the Port80 tools. For a feature-rich installation, use httpZip. To simply upgrade the native IIS 6.0 compression, enabling browser checking as well as consolidated configuration options, use our ZipEnable tool.
* Web content compressed to as little as 2% of original size
* Flawless decompression ensured by real-time browser compatibility checking
* Advanced HTML and CSS code optimization further improves performance and combats hackers' source sifting
* Rapid, low-maintenance deployment
* IIS 4: There is no native compression tool on IIS 4, so httpZip is the perfect solution for a Windows NT performance boost.
* IIS 5: httpZip replaces the flawed ISAPI compression option, overcoming known browser incompatibilities and configuration bugs.
* IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003: A robust compression engine is built into the Web server, but suffers from a fatal flaw – it lacks browser compatibility checking.